Hypothetical brake question

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hypothetical brake question
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:00:46 -0600
Hi all,
So the parts desk guy messed up and got me a 1999 Mustang Cobra rear
brake setup (vented 11.6" rotors and calipers) when I'd asked him for
1999 Mustang GT parts (solid 10.5" rotors and calipers). I dragged the
whole box home before I realized the error. Now I'm sure that I can get
them to exchange the parts, but the question is, should I? I'll be using
Wilwood 11.75 x 0.81" vented rotors in the front or maybe the 11.75 x
1.25" ones. I've already verified that the rear rotors and calipers
don't hit anything inside the wheels (16x7, 5 on 4 1/2, 2005 Mustang).

What I'm looking for is an effective setup for autocross, track days,
and street driving. Currently my Tiger has a stock-ish '88 5.0, but who
knows what the future holds. The Cobra rear brakes are certainly going
to be more than adequate, but am I going way off the deep end?

Best regards,
Theo