Re: New oil formulations and failing Cams (???)

To: <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New oil formulations and failing Cams (???)
From: "Scott Hutchinson" <shutchin@netjets.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 07:57:49 -0500
Tom,

The only thing I did which you did not reference was to soak all the valve
train components, specifically lifters, in oil for a few days prior to
installation. Don't know whether it helped or not.  After I coated everything
with the clevite and assembled the engine I had some clevite left so I squeezed
the rest of the bottle down into the lifter valley.

I did all that and then cranked for twenty minutes to get it to run, becuase I
rigged the distributor backwards. Forgot that it turned counter clockwise.
Probably should have written myself a checklist to follow prior to start up. It
was nice when it ran though, and no problems since. Knock, knock.

Have fun!

Scott Hutchinson
Assistant Director of Operations
Netjets International

Office 860.292.1191
Mobile 843.290.2805

Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message. If you have received the message in error,  please
advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.