RE: wiper motor connections

To: "'Mike Michels'" <mmichels@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: wiper motor connections
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:41:21 -0500
Mike
        The wire are cloth covered and they should be color coded.
NLG = brown with light green
RLG = red with light green
G= green        +12v line

Have you tried cleaning the cloth covering to see if you can find some color
markings?

I had to look at mine under a magnifying glass to see the colors.   The red
was evident but the brown and green were very faint.

        I just happen to find a wiper motor in my parts and the color of the
wires is dingy so I wiped them off with a little foam engine cleaner and the
wire colors became clear.

        There is a wire coming out the other side of the motor from the 3
wire and it goes to a cover plate which is the wiper park switch.   I put
one lead of my ohm meter on that wire connection and found the following.

Red wire= .2 ohms
Brown wire= 9.9 ohms
Green wire= 24.4 ohms

Hope that helps