RE: Distributor installation

To: mmichels@socal.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Distributor installation
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:36:13 +0000
The oil pump drive shaft should have a keeper on it to keep it from coming
out.
If you were to somehow remove the shaft, like if the keeper is missing, you
would probably have to pull the oil pan to get it all back together. A tool
is
available to move the oil pump drive to help you line it up but I pulled the
shaft out of an old distributor, removed the drive gear and use that. You'll
just
have to work at the problem for a while, but it will eventually drop in.

Steve (in N. Id.)