Engine breathing

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine breathing
From: "Stephen Jones" <joness@wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 10:23:51 -0800
This question has to do with my Mustang but the same applies to Tiger except
the Tripower.

I am putting a tripower on a 289 and had a general question on engine
breathers.  My stock setup (4 barrel) has a pcv valve going into the back of
the carb and the oil filler breather tube going in to the bottom of the air
filter housing.  I plan to run open emissions on the new setup with a
tubeless vented oil cap but I am not sure what to do on the other valve
cover.  Early non California 289s and certainly 260s had road tubes that ran
out of the hole and down the side of the engine.  Or some road tubes went
from the back of the intake manifold and did the same thing.

Question is what do I do with the passenger side valve cover?   A small
vented cap?  If so does anyone have a part number of one that works well for
them?  I don't imagine it is a good idea to just plug the thing up. Right?

steve jones

Tiger B9470867
65 Mustang 2+2