RE: My garage is out to get my Tiger

To: "'Chris Mottram'" <c_mottram@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: My garage is out to get my Tiger
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:54:51 -0500
Christmas day a few years ago I heard a major thump out of the garage as
we were opening presents.  I took a quick look, but nothing was obvious.
The next day I discovered the source of the thump when we tried to open
the garage door.  The hanger for the door track was seriously bent, the
eye bolt was broken off, and there was a noticeable chunk taken out of
the brick and  concrete chimney.  There was a ding in our well used
canoe, but that might have been there before.  The Tiger was in the
other side of the garage and was untouched, and there was no car under
the break.

Anyway, the house was maybe 12-13 years old at that point, so they can
break at any time.  I put safety cables in all the springs right after
this.  They should be mandatory in the building codes, like the fire
resistant walls and doors between the house and garage.

Stu