Re: Fuel Pump Heat

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Heat
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 16:32:57 -0800
I keep looking at the photo. It seems that this is almost in the correct
position for the ford mechanical pump attaching to the timing cover. But
it does not look like the old ford pump. It is strange that this
location was chosen because quite a bit of new plumbing was needed to
put it expressly in this spot.  And of course it is attached to the head
or very near and near the #5 exhaust header pipe as well. No wonder he
covered it all with the insulation, musta had a vapor lock once or
twice.  I think I like it better in the back so that the pump does not
have to suck fuel all that way, but in the back it pushes it forward.
That seems better to me.

mayf