Paint Question

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Paint Question
From: "Joe Parlanti" <parlanti@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:44:46 -0500
Folks,

I'm finishing up the restoration of my steering wheel and have begun
working on the steering column pieces. Originally, I just cleaned-up and
polished the bakelite which had browned over time as usual. However,
after restoring the hub of the steering wheel and repainting it black, I
decided to do the same to the column pieces. I've had trouble painting
bakelite in the past, so I took particular care in cleaning the pieces
with acetone before applying primer. Everything went fine until I
sprayed the black on the parts and ended up with an orange peel mess.
Anyone have any ideas as to why this happens and what can be done to
prevent it?

Thanks,

Joe Parlanti
B382000026