Re: Temperature

To: "Wally Menke" <walmenke@bigpond.net.au>, "Tiger List"
Subject: Re: Temperature
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:09:39 -0700
I've seen alot of good answers to this, but I can think one thing worth
mentioning.   I personally know that my car's temp 'gauge' is not an
accurate measurement of actual engine temp, at least mine temp reading
compared to an IR thermometer pointed at the brass fitting was off by 15-20
degrees (I was reading 195 on the IR, and 210-215 on the gauge.).  Based on
the fact we watched the temp come up and stabilize at 195, I think that the
IR reading was probably close to accurate (as I am guessing that the
thermostat in the car is 195).

So I learned to watch the temp gauge for a change in temp, but the numbers
on the dial weren't as accurate as I would have liked.

Steve