RE: Temperature

To: "'Tigerman'" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>, "'Wally Menke'"
Subject: RE: Temperature
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:24:24 -0700
Your temperature gauge reading is only as good as the 10 volt reference
provided by the "instrument voltage stabilizer" that's mounted under your
dash. The fuel gauge and temperature gauge are both powered from this little
gem, and if you have ever wondered why it is that it takes forever for the
first half of the fuel tank to get used up and the last half disappears in
about one hour of driving, then the stabilizer is toast and it's always
putting out 12 volts (or whatever your ignition voltage is). If your fuel
gauge is doing this then your temperature indications will similarly be bad,
and the higher the real temperature, the further towards the right end of
the scale your temp indication will be.

Theo