RE: Tiger side trim

To: "'Steinman, Bill'" <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tiger side trim
From: "MSN" <w_pierzga@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:37:40 -0400
Bill:

Over the years I have tended to shy away from the OEM style v-shaped metal
clips used to hold the alpine and tiger lettering to the body. The principal
reason is that these clips chip the paint surrounding the holes in which
they are inserted, which over time leads to rust. I also use this method for
the sunbeam lettering, which as you noted can be a pain in the butt to
install (need to fit rubber washer, metal washer and spring clip in that
order over the chrome part pin from the inside of the trunk and underside of
the front cowling). Instead, I have been using automotive trim double-stick
foam adhesive tape - you can pick it up at Pep Boys and most auto parts
stores.

I apply the tape to the chrome part, trim with an XACTO knife and, stick the
chrome part to the body. This has worked well for me for 10 years or so. The
trim stays in place and the tape is not noticeable. If you need to remove it
you simply heat it (a hot sunny day is OK) and slowly pull the chrome piece
off. Any remaining tape can be removed from the body by rubbing it with an
alcohol soaked rag and can be scraped off the chrome piece using a knife.

Another good aspect - a roll of tape sufficient to do multiple cars costs
around $3.00.

Best,

Wayne