Re: gauge problems

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: gauge problems
From: "R Smith" <max348@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 20:15:34 -0400
I called Autometer to verify what kind of Ohm's I "should" be seeing & they
actually checked out.

Next thing I tried was actually grounding the senders separately as per an
Autometer tech recommendation.

Still nothing.

Then - while re-attaching the spade-connector to the oil pressure gauge I
noticed the needle jump, & then it went back down. Ah-haa! I wiggled the
connector back & forth and was able to get the gauge to work intermittently.
( the same thing for the temp gauge )

I exchanged the spade connectors for ring connectors & after tightening down
the nuts everything suddenly worked fine.

Go figure?

Thanks for the suggestions...