RE: Tiger Suspension Issue

To: <arado7@sbcglobal.net>, "'Steve Sage'" <fastsage@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: Tiger Suspension Issue
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 13:33:39 -0400
I agree, it could be tires, if no other cause can be identified.

Not on my Tiger, but twice I've had tires suffer internal failures that
resulted in vibrations.  These were both Michelins, that were on my
Jetta.  The car was light, and I ran snows in the winter, so they got to
be 8 or 9 years old, but still had plenty of tread.  One developed a
noticeable "bubble".

So check your tires carefully, and replace them if they are too old.
How old is too old?  One major manufacturer recommended replacing after
7 years, but opinions vary.

Stu