RE: Tiger Suspension Issue

To: "'Steve Sage'" <fastsage@cox.net>, <TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: RE: Tiger Suspension Issue
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:43:12 -0400
Steve
        I had worn out A arm bushings that caused a vibration and a slight
loose fell to the steering.

You definitely need to carefully inspect all the front suspension components
for any problems.

It can also be helpful if you have a friend drive next to you and look at
all the wheels at speed when you feel the problem.   You might be able to
determine if the tires are bouncing, squirming or vibrating that way.

        A friend of mine told me he had a vibration in his Tiger and when I
drove behind him I could see one of his rear tires was squirming; we have
not determined if it is a bad tire, a bent wheel or something other yet.

        On the expressway today, I was driving behind a Ford Focus and I
notice the front right tire was bouncing and vibrating.   My guess would be
a bad strut and bad tie rod end but it would need an inspection to tell for
sure.

Be sure to drive on different roads, some road surfaces make my Tiger noisy
and some are quiet.

Ron Fraser