Re: [Tigers] Alpine at Tahoe

To: Rollright@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alpine at Tahoe
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 21:05:24 +0000
Interesting..

To me it looks Tiger.

I think those "bonnet reliefs" look like "LAT-25 vents for steel hood" (IIRC,
unfotunately TigersUnited.com does
not have a picture on-line)...  The "racing number" might(?) be from the fire
retardant effect on top of the hot
engine..
I don't see wire wheels but aluminum wheels with larger width in the back.. and
it looks to me that the rear
wheel opening is opened up.
And it does look like the bumperette, I think you can see the rear one too.
Maybe an Alger?

At any rate, I think the fire retardant can just be hosed off..  maybe the
pilot purposely hit it to save it!?

Gary

From: Rollright@aol.com