Re: [Tigers] Steering heaviness

To: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, <CoolVT@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Steering heaviness
From: garywinblad@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 21:17:40 +0000
I agree with Theo, I do know that if you bolt the rack onto the crossmember
while
the front of the car is off the ground, you will have rack binding when its
back on
the road..  ask me how I know!  At least it was years ago when I was a stupid
kid.

As far as the bumping when you cycle the rack off the car, that is NOT good..
it
should be smooth as a steel rod slippin through oil.

Also, I do know that one rack rebuilder on this list does build them extra
tight,
mine is finally loosening up but its been years..

Gary

From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>