Re: [Tigers] Value

To: arado7@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Value
From: "un-cole-a@juno.com" <un-cole-a@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:23:52 GMT
I agree with Gray and also with a lot of the other points people have brought
up.
When I was stationed in England my friend bought a Tiger, what a hoot it was
running around the back roads of England. I have wanted one ever since. Jump
20 years in the future, I bought a 65 SIV Alpine because a Tiger was still out
of my price range, I love the Alpine but my heart wanted a Tiger. This year I
finally found a Tiger I could afford, most of it is original and needs a
complete restoration but I could afford it. And I think that is a big
advantage we have over the other Shelby connected cars. When it comes to
restoration I will do what I can to keep it correct and original and with in
my budget, the good thing about that is the rest of the Tiger community will
except that and encourage me in the restoration no matter how far I go with
it.
With other car clubs or communities you don't get that.
The Tiger and it's owners are a unique bunch of people, yes we could have the
Shelby name more readily connected to the car But how many of us would have
are Tigers right now!! I for one could not afford it.
Rootes took a gamble and for what they were trying to achieve, as a car
company, they were able to pull it off.
And because of that you and I can afford and drive are Tigers with pride!!!
Tim
B9470149