[Tigers] Automatic transmissions?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Automatic transmissions?
From: "Tiger man" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:55:17 -0600
Hi all,

Just digging through some boxes of parts that came with my tiger a couple of
years ago, and in a box that contains what looks like an Alpine 4cyl
distributor, and a starter that I can only guess is for a Alpine, and some
steering component I don't recognize, I found a floor mounted automatic
transmission shifter.  Did the tiger or alpine ever come with an automatic
transmission, or is this just a completely wrong part hanging out in my parts
boxes.  If the shifter is not for an Alpine, the whole box of parts may be
suspect as for some other vehicle.

Anyway if anyone is curious, I can try to post some pics of the parts and we
can play an interesting game of "What the heck is this"

Thanks,
Steve