Re: [Tigers] FW: Complete List - The 50 Worst Cars of All Time -

To: "'William Lau'" <mrlau@charter.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FW: Complete List - The 50 Worst Cars of All Time -
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:53:10 -0400
How bad were early Japanese cars?  I was at the New York Auto show, '71
maybe '72, when it was at that convention center that was (IIRC) right
at the SW corner of Central Park.  Same place that the Lincoln Center
Jazz venue is now?

Anyway, I think it was Subaru making an early appearance in the USA, and
they had a bunch of their little s-boxes on display.  They were open,
and folks were climbing in and out, with a few salesmen hovering around.
So my buddies and I are watching, as this one guy gets in, and reaches
under the seat to adjust it for his size.  "#@%&*#$%!!!*", he suddenly
exclaimed, as he withdrew a bloody hand from beneath the seat.
Instantly, all of the salesmen vanished.  Apparently part of the seat
support mechanism could also serve as a finger guillotine if the seat
was in the right position, and he found it.

My daily driver is now a Subaru, and it appears they have improved
things quite a bit.

Stu