Re: [Tigers] D. Barkers comments on TAC

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] D. Barkers comments on TAC
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:24:35 -0400
IMHO, TAC has made a significant contribution to the documentation
and value of legitimate Tigers. Without it, we probably wouldn't even
be having this discussion today. Too bad administration of the
program isn't more aggressive.

I, too, am not currently a TAC inspector, but like Dick, support the TAC
program.
As Dick wrote, the sole purpose for inspecting is to determine whether the Tiger
under consideration for a certificate did originally travel down the Jensen
assembly line with the goal of being finished as a Sunbeam Tiger. The TAC
Committee
inspects Tigers solely for the owner of the car, and solely by invitation by
the owner. The TAC Committee does not initiate any inspections on their own.
They have to be invited by the car's owner, otherwise the process doesn't begin.
This explains why the the TAC Committee may not seem to be more aggressive with
their inspections, to some folks.