Re: [Tigers] Loose tonneau studs

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Loose tonneau studs
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:24:42 -0700 (PDT)
I have the Aircraft Spruce Threadsert tool and it is 10x better then the Pop
Rivet style which always seem a bit off. They had an assortment with the tool
that was hard to find but in the catalog, it has various tools and a bunch of
each size of the Threadsert. The threadsert is somthing that has saved me a
ton of times when you can't get behind and need a good threaded fastner. Just
make sure you check the charts and use the correct sized holes for the
thickness of metal.

Their is also one other type called the RivNut (as
mentioned)  which is similar but has some slightly different application then
the Threadsert.
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/all-gt40/22424-gt40-build-tools.html?highlight=thr
eadsert#post198875

If you can see the link you can see some posts I did a
while back on another list with the pics. The one thing that I do like about
the Threadsert is that it doesnot have a lot sticking over the top where it
mounts.

HTH

Sandy