[Tigers] Ideas to solve vapor lock problem

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Ideas to solve vapor lock problem
From: "Charles England" <charlesengland@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 12:36:20 -0400
I need some advice about vapor lock.  On several recent hot days, the
car runs well for the first 10 minutes and then the performance
deteriorates rapidly depending on the ambient temperature (the higher
the temp, the greater the degradation) until the car stalls and cannot
be restarted. I am fairly sure the problem is vapor lock because the
fuel pump (new to the car and working properly) does not click when I
turn on the ignition after the stall indicating the presence of pressure
in the gas line.

I have put insulation on the gas line from the final filter to the
carburetor but I continue to have a problem.  Suggestions please,

Many thanks,

Charlie England

B9470237