Re: [Tigers] alignment woes

To: <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>, "'Tiger List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] alignment woes
From: "Robert Palmer" <rpalmerbob@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 23:11:19 -0700
Owen,

I have the same problem almost that bad on my driver's side. No shims on
that side, but get about 4.5 degrees of caster. Two possibilities, either
the stub axle is bent or the crossmember is tweaked. I've got another stub
axle I plan to replace on the offending side sometime and see if that
changes it for the better. The other option is to have the alignment shop
pull the upper A-arm mounting point outboard about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch or so.
You have a couple of options to get more caster, either tweak the upper
A-arm mounts on both sides or put shims between the crossmember and the
frame at the rear two mounting points. The latter you can do yourself. More
caster will give you better straight ahead stability but increase steering
effort.

Bob