Re: [Tigers] Bonneville World Finals Meet

To: "'Theo Smit'" <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Bonneville World Finals Meet
From: "Robert Palmer" <rpalmerbob@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:55:21 -0700
Theo,

Lack of horsepower is the only reason I can think of for not going faster.
Theo,

If Mayf knows the engine should be putting out enough HP @ 5200 rpm to go
faster than 180, then he needs to fix what's wrong with the engine. In
either case - good engine wrong gears, bad engine right gears - he needs to
dyno the engine, get it tuned up, find out where the HP peaks, and adjust
the gears accordingly. Knowing the cubed dependence on speed, the math is
pretty simple. I'll be the first to donate $20 to the Wannabe dyno fund.
Everyone send their checks to me and, and after deducting the standard
handling fees, I'll see that Mayf gets the money that's left.

Bob