Re: [Tigers] Fwd: engine compartment color black

To: <Rollright@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fwd: engine compartment color black
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:42:29 -0400
Mine is black despite the green exterior, but that's only because I
painted it that color.  Body color, in my case 86, is original.  I found
a bit of rust under the starter solenoid when I replaced it, so I
cleaned it up, and hit the spot with black Rustoleum.  Over the years,
each time I had worked on some area, the black Rustoleum spread, until
the entire compartment was covered. Then I did the, umm, what do you
call the panel with the S/N, JAL tag and hood latch(?), in gloss black
Duplicolor.  Looks cool, but only a purist (none live in my house) would
know the difference.

Stu