Re: [Tigers] Pertronix selection

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Pertronix selection
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:35:57 -0800
Jim,

I have a similar set-up on my Tiger, with the Ignitor I installed, and
the Ignitor II on my shelf.  The P-I works really fine.  The P-II has a
much higher voltage output, which can challenge your ignition wires
insulation, if not high voltage, and especially your stock type
distributor cap insulation.  Implies so in the package.  I would not
like to see a big cap, like the later Fords, because of it's non=stock
appearance, and can require new termination, and expensive, Hi Voltage
wires.

I  have had no problems with the P-I on tach issues.  Don't know about
P-II, but Theo Smit can be relied upon for this. (I would)

Steve
___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com