[Tigers] Chrome Valve Covers follow up

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Chrome Valve Covers follow up
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:37:27 -0800 (PST)
Well seems like it will be close with the shaft rockers. I had to remove the
breather that wedges between rockers other then that the ends of the cover it
seems the shafts hit it a bit. I put on a second gasket and it seems to clear.
It may require a bit of a ding with a ball peen hammer and it may just work
when things get into place. I will still have to test it at lift to make sure
it all works and get it all bolted into place. The taller aluminum cobra style
fit fine, but they are the taller casting version for roller rockers which are
a bit taller then the tiger castings. The ends are I think going to be the only
problem just due to the non-squared ends of the valve cover, the aluminum ones
are more square it seems.

Some images of the mocked up motor. I have to do some smashing on the oil pan
too, the splayed caps on the bottom end are a bit tigher to the pan then
expected.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9422868@N02/sets/72157603069439008/