[Tigers] Toyota Alternator

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Toyota Alternator
From: "Mike Hokanson" <hokey@oasisol.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:40:16 -0800
Just info on the Toyota alternators for you guys that are boneyard hunting.
They are small, and easily wired and last forever.  Easy to change the pulley
as well to match whatever setup you've got.  I've had several of the early
Toyota MR2's from 1985-1989 (I still drive one every day).  Those are the cars
with the 4AGE 16-valve motors.  The same alternator is also found in the
Toyota pickups from 1984-1988 with the 22R motors.  I believe the only
difference is that the case is reversed, but is the same alternator
internally.

Mike Hokanson
Fallon, Nevada