Re: [Tigers] Wheels on Ebay

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wheels on Ebay
From: "Cullen McCann" <CMcCann@lwpb.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:10:59 -0600
 Here in Oklahoma, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care if the vin tag was
attached with rivets vs sheet metal screws. Which is kinda scary if you
ask me. When I was stripping the paint on my project, you wouldn't
believe all the people that suggested the removal of the vin tag
first...all the dippers, blasters, and strippers thought it would be
easier ( or mandatory) without it and didn't understand at all when I
told them I didn't want to do it that way. I even had one guy suggest
cutting out the cowl around it, and dipping the car, and welding it back
in later.....since I was so concerned about it.

When I emailed Mr Miller about the car when I had purchased it, I sent
him pictures and his first comment was regarding the factory rivets and
"no question about pedigree"....after that, I decided no matter what I
wouldn't take that tag off, by choice. I understand that wont prevent a
person from getting a TAC, but I get the impression it helps.

Cullen

I did notice that this car had the VIN plate held on with sheet metal
screws :-( Wonder if that is going to cause the new owner grief when
they go to register that car in thier state

Steve