[Tigers] FW: 289s bored to 260

To: "Tigers@Autox. Team. Net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] FW: 289s bored to 260
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:49:41 -0600
At 03:24 PM 11/28/2007, Jim Armstrong wrote:
>For instance, my 260 has three freeze plugs per side: that mean
>according to the data books I have that it is a 289 block bored to 260.

Oh my gosh, not that hogwash again! I thought that notion was dead
and buried long ago! By "data books," you can only mean Chittenden's
Performance Tuning book. Even the reprints still have that claim!

I give up. I'm just too old now for more stuff about big men with
sledge hammers, MK Is built with 289's, counting freeze plugs, etc.......

Dick

Would you believe little men with tiny brass hammers?

                                                                Signed
                                                                Maxwell
Smart 86