[Tigers] Sparto reverse lights.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Sparto reverse lights.
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:01:25 EST
Hi Tim,
By coincidence, Rick Lara and I have considered the idea of recreating the
base for the Sparto reverse lights if there is a demand. In our study,  there
appears to be three generations of lights, each iteration having cost
reductions from the previous design. The first design has a 3/32 gasket
between the
light and the base. In the second iteration, the die cast base fits  flush
against the light without a gasket and is bolted to the rear panel  with #10
studs. The third design that we have seen is attached to the panel  with sheet
metal screws. The design of the first and  second lights look identical from
the
outside, but the design three  has a shorter eyebrow over the lens.

I have built a prototype base that fits to the first design. Tom Ehrhart  has
graciously lent us a sample of the other two lights and I am in the process
of making a prototype that fits all three designs.

Rick is sending out the following notice to several Sunbeam clubs to see
what the interest in the Sparto bases is, so if you are interested, please
respond to Rick . If there is a sufficient  interest I  will build some. Even
though the Sparto back-up lights are a very nice  addition to an early Tiger or
Alpine, we expect an extremely low volume due to  their rarity, so these will
be
hand made to look like the originals. If any  of you would like to see
pictures of what I am talking about, send me a note to  _Carmods@aol.com._
(mailto:Carmods@aol.com.)  They are also the only  back-up lights shown in the
Book of
Norman.

 My research tells me that the lights are located 11" from the  centerline of
the vehicle and the bottom of light base is located at the start  of the
lower radius of the panel.

 SPARTO CHROME BACK-UP LIGHTS

Do you own a pair of the rare chrome Sunbeam Sparto back-up lights but  are
missing the second part of the chrome housing that mounts to the rear  valance?
 Plans are being made to reproduce the part if demand is  sufficient.  I
would like pictures of your lights (especially where  the missing piece
attaches
to your lights) there are three different  versions of them.  Also, since cost
is a consideration, what amount would  you be willing to pay for them?

Contact:  Rick Lara at _Lara@2580@sbcgolbal.net_
(mailto:Lara@2580@sbcgolbal.net)
(586) 247-0156