[Tigers] yet another Alger on eBay..

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Tigers] yet another Alger on eBay..
From: "Cullen McCann" <CMcCann@lwpb.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:17:33 -0600
Comrades,

eBay item number 140189086032

This one is actually kinda confusing to me...seller calls it outright as
an Alger....I'm glad he's representing it correctly...but if you look
closely it has a Tiger engine bay. Maybe someone cut up a Tiger to put
the bits on this Alpine...but its odd, usually I can spot the Alpine
hidden beneath a Tiger cloak...someone put a lot of work into this car
to look like a Tiger, at least from my limited knowledge. He doesn't
provide suspension or undercarriage pics, but many of the areas on it
look Tiger legit to me. Engine bay, inner fenders, firewall.... Also the
alpine vin tag has non-factory rivets on it.

I wonder if its ever happened that a guy actually had a Tiger, maybe he
bought it without an engine and didn't know what he had, thought it was
an Alpine, so put it together like an Alpine....then I guess later
someone puts a sbf back in it...but all the time thought it was an
Alpine...or someone put an Alpine Vin on a car so save money on
insurance, and then sold it as such...

nahh, that wouldn't happen. weird how many different ways people have
put these cars back together.

Cullen
Oklahoma under a blanket of ice
B382001452 LROFE