Re: [Tigers] Tiger Gas Mileage

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Gas Mileage
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:09:44 -0800 (PST)
And if your not if California, you can get Mercedes SUV and Jeep's with
Diesels. My brother lives in oregon and drove his family down in his Jeep
Cherokee and it was nice, hardly could tell it was a Diesel. VW also has the
bug I think too,  like the VW v10 twin turbo diesel maybe be 5L??
(320+hp/550tq) in the Toureg, but it is crazy priced and I think my have only
been in CA for 1 year. Likely Audi derived. I drive a 7.3L Powerstroke in an
Excursion and it is anchient compaired to the 2 generations that came after,
which make way more power and have less cubes. The downside is they (Diesels)
typically cost more, especially in trucks. I don't think you ever make back the
milage saving $$ vs. Engine cost (over gasoline) but the Diesel is hard to beat
for towing. It is also very relaxing to drive with the rumbling of the motor...

Check out some past Lemans and see how the diesels did, pretty amazing. Sadly
here in the states we are only just getting some of the good ones unless you
drive a truck...

Sandy