[Tigers] Field Struipping the Tiger

To: Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Field Struipping the Tiger
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 11:53:58 -0800
This morning I asked about the chroime strips. Well, after I had broken
the rear most anchor on the drivers side, the screw on one just ahead of
the rear fender strip, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I
got a thin bladed screw driver and gently worked every  piece off. The
strips just pop off. These are original rivites installel way back
around October  1964. The small piece I broke I have co=ncluded is there
to bring the strip into shape with the fender and to firmly hold it in
place. For you other folk who want to do this, two recommendations: 1
get some trim removal tools in the form of thin tough nylon for prying
with. Be firm but gentle and be like a doctor...first do no harm... 2.
On the back two screw retaineres, one each fender, use penetrating oil .
These are really really small screws and for some reason rust after
approximately 43 years or so. Untypical of Brit cars, lol.

By the way, the rivits are a pop rivit but the head side makes a little
mushroom  or bulb when it is installed. I do no tbeieve I have ever seen
one like it before.

mayf