[Tigers] Revertse Field Stripping of Tiger.

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Revertse Field Stripping of Tiger.
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 07:43:42 -0800
The only things I have left to do now are to remove the outer door
handles. Any secrets there?

Now for the put backs. I found that the methods of holding the window
weather strips and the fuzzy inside anti rattle strips are different
from the S5 that is the race car and the Mki. The S5 clips had to be put
on fromt he bottom. The MKi, my current interest is a tad bit different.
Looks like they clip to the weather stipiing and the fuzzy anti rattle
and then get pushed back into place from the top. Or do you put them in
place and then try to install the strips? The fizzy was [pretty hard to
remove because that clip really latches onto the metal part of it. I'm
thinking better off the car then put the assy into the door from the
top. Boy, do I need a lot of Rubber! I drilled out the rivits that hold
the headlight buckets in place and the gasket fell completely apart on
both. OEM stuff, heck only lasted 43 years. Cheap crap, lol.

Putting the driverss side window regulator back is is gonna be a hoot
also! But I understand how it is done now, lol. Lots oif bad words, kick
the tires a few times run to the bathroom a few more times and it just
falls out. NOT.

ANyway, listening for thoughts about the window weather stripping and
fuzzy anti rattle...

mayf