Re: [Tigers] engine/transmission mounts

To: owain.lloyd@gmail.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] engine/transmission mounts
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:08:03 EST
In a message dated 1/20/2008 9:46:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
owain.lloyd@gmail.com writes:

What  have you got against taiwan and korea?
Owain,
My comments apply only to the engine mounts from them, not the  countries.
The ones I tried to use had the mounting holes located in the wrong  place so
the engine ended up on an angle in the plan view. It appeared they  tried to
make a left and right out of the same steel backing plate. Also there  was
about
30% less rubber in the mount. This was about four years ago so maybe  they
have improved the mounts since then. Just check them out against the  original
ones before you try to install them.