[Tigers] Lower Radiator Hose

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Lower Radiator Hose
From: <gharlowe@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:00:01 -0500
Listers -

I'm in the process of replacing the lower radiator hose on a Mk1A (fan belt
rubbed through the old one).  I ordered and installed a new one from SS (new
style being carried by them), which has a pronounced "J" in the contour to
avoid the fan belt.  However, that lower hose is being sucked flat by the
water pump at higher RPM.

Any suggestions to prevent the lower hose from collapsing?   Has anyone
replaced this part recently (preferably with a wire-reinforced model)?   A
search on the TU site revealed a NAPA part number 7746 as replacement part,
but neither the local NAPA nor the NAPA web site recognized that number.
The CAT shop notes recommend Gates 21034 or 20753, which appear to be active
P/Ns.

Thanks, as always...

Graham Harlowe

B382001466