Re: [Tigers] Lower Radiator Hose

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Lower Radiator Hose
From: <gharlowe@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 20:32:42 -0500
All -

Thanks for all of your responses.  My previous lower hose (slightly
different shape, also from SS) never had a spring to scavenge - or
cannibalize, as they say in the military.  I went to the local McAutoparts
store and convinced the kid behind the counter to look through their
inventory for any radiator hose with a spring.  No luck.  I went to a
non-chain auto parts store in town where the proprietor found two Gates
hoses with springs out of about a hundred on hand.  He yanked the spring out
of one (slightly larger diameter than the Tigers) and handed it to me - no
charge.  I stretched the spring a bit to reduce the diameter, twisted it
into the lower hose as far as it would go and snipped the excess spring
wire.  No collapsing now.

Looks like radiator hose springs are becoming an endangered species...thanks
again for your help!

Cheers,

Graham Harlowe

B38201466