Re: [Tigers] Rear hub removal

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>, Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rear hub removal
From: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:14:15 -0800 (PST)
James,

  Read the info at this link:

  http://www.classictiger.com/techtips/rear_hubs.html

  Then, at this link:

  http://www.classictiger.com/techtips/althubpullr.html

  Then, look for a local "Talk Forum" dedicated to 4X4's (Jeeps, etc) and join
it.  They will most likely have a tech forum dedicated to "rear ends."  Ask the
group where to get a Dana 44 serviced.  You'll find someone who can help you
out in the event you have problems doing this yourself.  I've found that the
"Jeep Guys" are very helpful and get a kick out of learning that Tigers used
Dana 44's too!

  Bill Waite
  Grand Rapids, MI
  Mark I & Mark II Since 1979

"James E. Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net> wrote:
  After spending 1-1/2 years restoring the Sprite (which has now been sold), I'm
back to working on the Tiger. I need to install longer bolts for the lug nuts
so I can use the spacers with the Panasport wheels. But I need to remove the
rear hubs to do this. I don't have tools RG.188-B and RG.188-d-3 described in
the shop manual (nor do I expect to find them). What is the best way to
remove the rear hubs? Since the manual doesn't state otherwise, I assume all
threads are right-handed. Thanks.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite) - sold