[Tigers] The need for wheels spacers

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] The need for wheels spacers
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:36:06 -0600
My questions about longer lug bolts stems from the following comment in the
Sunbeam Specialties catalog:

Does your car have the brake drums pictured on the right? (Alpine I-II type
drums)  Then you must install wheel spacers between the drum and any
after-market rear wheel....  Failure to do so will result in the loosening &
loss of the rear wheels while driving.

I now realize that this apparently only applies to Series I & II Alpines (I
don't believe the old catalog had this parenthetical comment).  Are they
needed on a Mk Ia Tiger?  I'm running 14" Panasports I got from Dale's
Restorations.

Jim Pickard
B9473298 ('65 Tiger)
AN5L/12109 ('59 Sprite)