Re: [Tigers] Cheapest Source Yet for The Works Tiger Book

To: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>, Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Cheapest Source Yet for The Works Tiger Book
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:44:29 -0500
Steve,
Must be timing with the exchange rate of the pound...

I just got mine in Michigan at...
Total Book Price: US$ 80.12Updated Shipping: US$ 17.72Updated Total Order
Amount: US$ 97.84

It came fast than I expected.

Paul

> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:34:44 -0700> From: fastsage@cox.net> To:
jxnichols@sbcglobal.net> CC: tigers@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Tigers]
Cheapest Source Yet for The Works Tiger Book> > I just got a reply from
Collectors Car Books. I am in Arizona, USA. The > book (as shown on their
website) is 49.95 Pounds ($98.25 at today's > exchange rate) plus 8.60 Pounds
for uninsured shipping = $16.92 for a > $115.17 U.S. total, or 29.10 Pounds
insured, signature required shipping > = $57.24 for a $155.49 total.> > Steve
Sage> > > > Jeffrey Nichols wrote:> > I don't recall if this source was
mentioned for "The Works Tigers" but try> > collectorscarbooks.com. The
bookstore is based in the UK and has the book for> > $93 shipped to your door.
I haven'> > t seen it listed cheaper anywhere else. The book is interesting
and has> > good info on the rally Tigers. There is even a photo of Lee Iacocca
checking> > out the Tiger along with Carrol Shelby and John Panks at the New
York auto> > show. One photo shows FRW667c smashed pretty badly after the 1966
Monte Carlo> > rally. It looks like it rolled over a few times. The car exists
and Norm's> > web site http://www.rootes1.com/index.asp says it is a fake base
on a> > Alpine. I guess we now know how it was repaired.