[Tigers] Andy Rooney's Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Andy Rooney's Tiger
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:38:49 -0600
Tod,
  This and the rest that was written about him, needs to be repeated until
everyone knows about it.  It shows the lack of character that Rooney really
has.  He acts like he is the protector of all people and he really doesn't
care about people at all unless they further his wants.  As far as Carell is
concerned, he seems like more of a smart ass than a comedian and almost all
actors are character actors.  Only the very few can do several kinds of
people.  Even greats like Charlton Heston, Clint Eastwood, or John Wayne
only did the same basic person with different costumes on in different
periods of time.  Anthony Hopkins or Meryl Streep come to mind as
individuals who can switch characters a little bit, but a great actor or
actress is typically only as great as their publicist makes them. The older
I get the less I am enamored by glitz to the point where it is actually
annoying because I realize it is all hype that I am being sold. Actors
certainly aren't even close to what they once were. -- Bill --

Steve:

While Andy Rooney may still have a Tiger, it is not the one he showed in
his piece on Sixty Minutes.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/15/60minutes/rooney/main2186055.shtml
That was a picture of my car, lifted, I suspect, from the New York Times
web site, where I had placed it.
http://collectiblecars.nytimes.com/View_Listing.asp?ListingID=COL609221
Looking at his desk and hearing him suggests that he may not be able to
find his car.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE