Re: [Tigers] perception of a complete project car

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] perception of a complete project car
From: "Cullen McCann" <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:29:17 -0500
Well for starters, any reputable painter around here would charge at
least 7- 8 grand to do finish body work and paint the car, and I know
several that wouldn't do it for less than about 11. Granted that's for a
#9 car or something.

And that's considering an Oklahoma cost of living....sure it would be
more on the coastal areas for a lot of you guys.

There are so many variables. I try to really "shop" my parts, meaning to
be able to afford to play with the Tiger and other projects as much as I
want, I have to buy used parts and have things rebuilt, take my time and
wait for the right deal, and not just buy the needed component brand
new, outright everytime.....I know that it saves me a lot of money as
long as I don't put a value to my own time....

I think, for whatever reason, the car is worth more in one piece rather
than in boxes (to throw away).  Wow, that is a real project.

I'm curious to get lister's opinions on what it would cost to put this
car into something like a  #8 condition?  Just a nice Tiger, but not
concours.

First the cost in parts and rebuilds if the owner can do a majority of
the labor???

Then the cost if the whole project was sent out to put in the same

#8 condition???