Re: [Tigers] After-Market Distributor

To: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] After-Market Distributor
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:32:16 -0700
Mark,

I am using it. It is the Pertronix I, and the LAT-F4B. It clears
everything.  On my shelf is the newer Pertronix Ignitor II (91281), and
"Flamethrower II" (45001) 0.6 ohm coil.  The my Pertronix I is running
so well, Have little motivation to "upgrade" to my on-the shelf parts.
No information on the D130700 system, but can't imagine any differences
of meaning here.

See:   http://www.pertronix.com/prod/ig/ignitor/default.aspx

I could not find a D130700 product. Mine looks like the one pictured.

The installation fits very nicely inside the standard vacuum advance
distributor.  Perhaps the"dual point" system takes up room that the
single point systems doesn't. High voltage plug wires are important.

BTW:  The *original* vacuum advance distributor is single point.  I have
had it "curved" by a shop that still has the old style distributor
machine.  All is well.  I have heard that the "dual point" are difficult
to dial-in, and not needed with the low current Pertonix. The "dual
point" was meant to handle higher current standard systems.

A complex dual-points solution not required with  Pertronix systems, and
not original. The points are no longer carrying the high current used in
original designs and should not wear because there is little current
switched.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman