Re: [Tigers] Maxwell Smart's Tiger Is A Alpine!

Subject: Re: [Tigers] Maxwell Smart's Tiger Is A Alpine!
From: David Sosna <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 07:19:04 -0700
Uhh, not exactly a Tiger engine sound.
When I read the article
> Segal added that in trying to keep with the TV series, he has a friend
> who is an editor and a big "Get Smart" fan who has a mint condition
> Sunbeam Tiger in Los Angeles that had a replica of a machine gun that
> raises up out of the hood, and they recorded the engine sound off her
> car, to stay as close to the original car as possible.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Sue Kesler's car.  She's a film
editor, she lives in L.A., she's a Get Smart fanatic--and she has what
looks like a perfect Tiger--but it's an Alpine with a Ford 2.8L V-6
conversion.  Smitty and I swapped the engine and A4LD auto trans into
the car using the Joe Rodriguez kit, and after I sold the car to Sue she
painted, badged and upholstered it to look like Max's Tiger--and did an
outstanding job, too!  She's never tried to pass the car off as an
actual Tiger, just a look-alike.
So, if I'm right about whose car the engine sounds were recorded off of,
what you hear isn't exactly the growl of a Tiger. :-)
Mind you, the V-6 DID have a nice exhaust note.

Here's a pic of Sue's car--the side pipes are a giveaway that it's a Joe
Rodriguez  V-6 conversion kit.
http://home.earthlink.net/~bennybabe/index.html

And here's a pic of her car with the machine gun.
http://home.earthlink.net/~bennybabe/id1.html
I painted the timing cover yellow, and used yellow spark plug wires.
I'm guessing that the bit of yellow you see under the machine gun is a
plug wire....

Best Regards
David Sosna
P.S. It's probably too much to expect that a hollywood producer is
really going to know the difference between the sound of a V-6 and a V-8.
P.P.S.  Sue'll probably have the car at Tigers United in Big Bear this
year for those that want to see it.  In fact, I'm surprised she wasn't
at the All-British car show in Van Nuys last weekend.