[Tigers] Oil dipstick

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Oil dipstick
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:57:08 EDT
The question has come up  a few times about finding the  correct oil
dipstick.   A few weeks back I picked one up  from a late 1970's Ford...can't
remember
the year or model.  I  put it side by side with my stock stick and if they
were both installed all the  way into the tube, the "full" or "safe" markings
would be within 1/16"  of each other.
Trouble is, it has a yellow handle and yellow cup on it.  The  exterior shape
is exactly like a stock Tiger's, but the rod part is much thinner  and more
flexible.
Anyway, if you are looking for a replacement and can either put up  with the
yellow color or find a way of changing it, try this one. Should be  pretty
easy to change the color to black.   I can tell you that  it came out of a Ford
that has the dipstick on the passenger side ( going  directly into the oil pan).

Also, some 1970's Fords have a yellow stick that looks exactly  the same on
the exterior as the one described above, but it's found on the  driver side of
the engine. I haven't checked dimensions to see how it compares  with stock.

listings at AOL Autos.