Re: [Tigers] radiator cap

To: Rollright@aol.com, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] radiator cap
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 12:01:04 -0700
Jim (and Tigers),

I am using a "Lever Action" 160 deg. stainless Stant.  I needed the
Lever Action to be able to reduce pressure before removing the cap.  I
learned this lesson the hard way when I was headed to the airport in my
1966 Mustang GT, for a trip to Europe.  I removed the cap to assure
there was sufficient coolant, and got scalded just before the flight.
No fun!

I also added 2 half gallon overflow catchers.  One on the inside left
fender just ahead of the steel tank, and one in parallel against the
left wheel well opposite the other one.  They are small enough to not
interfere with anything, and avoid leaving green rusty water on
someone's driveway.

With the radiator changes, overheating, and messing up driveways, went away.

See page *2 *of "Cool It, Buddy!" (the whole article is worth reading):

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/SteveLaifmanValance/pt-SteveLaifmanValance1.asp

Steve

___
Steve Laifman