Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 192

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 2, Issue 192
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 21:26:11 EDT
Owain Lloyd writes:

> as I've mentioned previously, I've been suffering some bad vibrations from
> my clutch...

Years ago, I had bizarre clutch oscillations / vibrations similar to what you
describe.  Upon tear-down inspection, the Mr. Gasket 'graded' cap screws I
installed a year before that held my pressure plate to the flywheel had decided
to fail and 'pop' their heads off!  Obviously, it was a bad batch and it was
very scary to see what was left holding the works together.   Three screws, if
my memory holds.  I am very fortunate that I tore it apart to find the cause,
as I still have my legs.

Jim Leach    Pacific Tiger Club     Seattle

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
favorites at AOL Food.