Re: [Tigers] Over Heating in traffic

To: sunbeam john <sunbeamjohn@msn.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Over Heating in traffic
From: 65tiger@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 02:35:56 +0000
John,
I ran the 302 with 300+ hp and had no problems cooling.  Just follow the
tips on Tigers United, use a good water pump.  I did not need a auxiliary fan
and removed it.  It restricts air when not in use.  Perhaps most important is
that I enclosed the bottom of my shroud and that made all the difference.
The regular water pump fan can now pull air through the radiator in traffic.
No auxiliary fan needed.  Enclosed is a picture of the enclosure.  The dimples
are to clear the steering rack.  Others may write off line if they want a copy
of the enclosure.
Good luck,
Curtis

From: sunbeam john <sunbeamjohn@msn.com>
> My Tiger has a 302 ci pushing 300 HP my problem is overheating in traffic. It
> runs at 180 to 190 on the highway but in traffic it overheats to as much as
> 250. The former owner had installed a Dimple radiator re-core (whatever that
> is), 6 blade puller fan, and a auxiliary pusher fan that is mounted in front
> of the radiator support frame and away from the radiator. Not sure what type
> of thermostat has been installed. I am think about changing the pusher fan to
> a Flexa-lite FLX-394 with 1500 cfm mounting it up against the radiator and
> changing the water pump to a high volume pump. Does anyone have any other
> suggestions and am I on the right track by making those changes. Does anyone
> know which high volume water pumps have the correct shaft length for a Tiger?
>
> Thank you,
> John
> Sunbeamjohn@msn.com
>
> http://www.team.net/archive