Re: [Tigers] Gas Smell

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gas Smell
From: "Mark Rense" <kneedrag@core.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 10:34:42 -0400
John,
One of my cars had the same issue, a smell of gas in the boot. The
replacement of all the rubber bits and hoses did not appease the God Of
Fumes, so I pulled the tanks and discovered that the sealing liner had
deteriorated to the point where fuel was seeping out of the seams in a
couple of spots. I exchanged my tanks for some fresh ones through Doug
Jennings, and, OMG, I can now safely place clothing and such in the boot
without them reeking of Shell Ultra.

Also, pay attention to the neck filler rubber, as they seem to crack.

Fume-freely yours,

Bugz
B382000991
B382001465